LIVING A LIFE OF PURPOSE OR LIVING A SUCCESFUL LIFE.2

     A friend of mine listed "How to realize the plan of God for your life" on facebook, so I'll just shed some light on them as I list them out.
1.) YOU MUST BE SAVED.
>>>>Isaiah 59:2 But your iniquities have come between you and your God, and your sins have hidden His face from you, from hearing.
  Of course, you should know that as long as you are living a life if sin, you can't have a relationship with God unless you repent. You wouldn't share your secrets with someone you barely have a relationship with, so how do you expect God to tell a sinner about His plans and purpose. DUH!!!
2.) YOU MUST BE FAITHFUL/ STEADFAST IN HIS WORK.
>>>>John 15:15  No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master does. But I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you.
  Only those who are faithfully committed to doing God's work 'cos as you do so, an intimate relationship is developed. As the relationship develops, God feels comfortable telling you and showing you his plans because He knows you are trustworthy. Although Judas Iscariot had secured a place in God's redemptive plan, he later lost it due to his unfaithfulness/ selfishness by betraying Jesus Christ. Doing that, he traded eternal glory and riches for 30 pieces of silver which he never spent on himself. **deep sigh** I pray we don't end up like him.  Amen! Don't just say Amen, act like you mean it.
3.) SATURATE YOURSELF WITH THE WORD OF GOD.
>>>>Joshua 1:8 This book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it by day and by night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall act wisely.
  In God's word are written His plan and purpose for our lives and His perfect will. Until you start studying the word you won't know your destination, you'll just be like a lost traveler without a map or a compass. As long as you don't study God's word, you'll remain susceptible to the devil's deceit and lies, hiding us from the truth. When you read your bible, don't just rush into it, pray and ask God to give you the spirits of wisdom, knowledge and understanding and that He enlightens you and reveals His will and purpose for your life.... Don't just be a reader of His word, be a doer, and if possible a teacher. Don't forget to confess the word.
4.) PRAYER
>>>>Jeremiah 33:3  Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and inscrutable things which you do not know.
 Like I said before, you must pray before reading His word, that He reveals His will and purpose for your life to you.  It’s a dynamic process, that's why the bible urges us to pray without ceasing. Prayer is not only the key that opens the door to God revealing His will to us, it's also the vehicle that drives us to our destination. That's why Jesus prayed even till the day He died. :(
5.) YOU MUST STAND ON THE PROMISES OF GOD
We know God is not a man that He should lie, neither is He the son of man that he should repent, as the Bible says. In God's word are written a lot of promise to those who are ready to walk with Him and serve Him. He said, He'll never leave us or forsake us, He will give us rest, strengthen us, and a lot more which I can't mention. Now it's up you to stand on these promises by believing and confessing them, especially when things seem difficult, 'cos that's when the devil will try to bring you down. Standing on God's promises is like telling the devil that you're not giving up on God no matter how difficult the situation might look. Doing this gives you more strength and boldness and makes you become more like Jesus, the ultimate conqueror. :D
6.) OBEDIENCE.
 To explain this, I’ll first compare a part of Prophet Samuel's life to Samson's.
>>>>Judges 13:5 For lo, you shall conceive and bear a son. And no razor shall come upon his head. For the child shall be a Nazarite to God from the womb. And he shall begin to deliver Israel out of the hand of the Philistines. ------- Samson.
>>>>1 Samuel 1:11 And she vowed a vow and said, O, Lord of Hosts, if You will indeed look upon the affliction of Your handmaid and remember me, and not forget Your handmaid, but will give to Your handmaid a man-child, then I will give him to Jehovah all the days of his life, and there shall no razor come upon his head.------ Samuel.
 God gave both Samson and Samuel's mothers the same instructions that "no razor should be used on their heads. Sadly, only Samuel kept the instruction, thus making him able to fulfill the purpose for which he was given to his mother. Unlike Samuel, Samson didn't fulfill his purpose to the fullest because he disobeyed God by losing his hair. Even though he didn't do it himself, he was still at fault because he was meant to keep the instructions diligently since his destiny depended on them.
 Even Jesus had to learn obedience so he could fulfill His purpose of coming to earth to save us. So if Jesus, the beloved Son of God had to learn obedience what makes you think you are exempted from being obedient.
    In addition to the listed above, I'll add one more, HUMILITY, you didn't think I'll exclude this, did you? Oh no! That's impossible, the bible says, God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble. It was because of the lack of humility (pride) that the devil was kicked out of heaven and over the years, it has disqualified people from God's divine plan. To walk with God, and according to His plan, you MUST have a meek and lowly heart / be humble like Jesus was, only then can He lead you to your destination. You should try as much as possible to be always humble, 'cos you don't know when the devil might try to tempt you. You don't want to end up like Ham, who lost his blessing because of ONE mistake, would you? I thought as much. I'll talk more on humility in one of my next articles.
    The devil is always trying to stop us from reaching our destination/ fulfilling our purposes, here are some of his strategies, (it's an assumption though):
 1.) Rob them of their souls before they know how valuable it is. John 10:10
 2.) Terrify them before they realize how strong they are IN CHRIST. 1John 4:4
 3.) Give them all they WANT and even more, before they realize that it's NOTHING compared to what GOD can give them here on earth and in heaven. Romans 8:18, Philippians 4:19
 4.) Feed them with lies till they find it difficult to accept the truth.
 I'm sure there's still more, but this is all I can tell you for now.
    Don't ever think you're not good enough for God to use you. If HE could use a harlot (Rahab)  to carry out His plan of helping the Israelites conquer Jericho (saving Rahab in the process) why should you think you're not good enough to fit into His plan. Nothing is impossible for HIM. As God's plan and purpose are fulfilled in our lives, we tend to become more like Him, how He wanted us to be when He created Adam, and Christ in us the hope of glory is revealed in us. Walking according to God's plan isn't that comfortable, I must say, you'll have to do away with your old ways and worldly pleasures, if you want to reach your destination soon. You might even lose some of your friends. If God sees any need to keep them around you, He'll leave them around you. Remember you'll ALWAYS have a true friend in Jesus, a comforter in the Holy Spirit and a faithful Father in God, believe me no one, and I mean NO ONE can do it better than they.
 To round up, I'll leave you with these 2 scriptures;
>>>>Zechariah 4:6  Then he answered and spoke to me, saying, This is the Word of Jehovah to Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, says Jehovah of Hosts.
>>>>Romans 9:16  So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
 I want you to always remember that "Those who walk with God always reach their destination" -someone's quote, not mine. And I hope you get to that point, when God will say to us " This is my son/ daughter, in whom I am well pleased". AMEN!!!

PRAYER:
   Dear Heavenly Father, I know that when you created me, you had a divine plan and purpose, I am sorry for wasting my time indulging in the pleasures of this world. So I come before you now, to re-consecrate myself, ready to be used by you, for I know the plans you have for me are of good and not of evil. Help me Lord, for I know I can't reach my destination alone, and without you I am NOTHING. Dear Lord, please shower your mercy, grace and strength on me as I embark/ continue on this journey and become more like you. :) Thank you Lord, for I know that you will see me through as you promised me. In Jesus' name I pray, AMEN!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAITH

LIVING AT PEACE

Don't Awaken Love