WHO AM I? (A POEM)




“Who am I”, I asked myself,
As I looked into the mirror staring at my image.
Sometimes I see myself as a desolate city without walls.
But HE says I‘m a fortified city with bronze walls.
I see myself as a clay pot smashed into pieces, of no use,
Yet HE says I’m a vessel of Honor, unto Glory.
Many battles have I fought, but lost,
Yet He says I’m more than a conqueror, an overcomer.
Walking around with timidity, fear, low self-esteem,
But HE says I’m bold, strong, and the Lion of Judah lives in me.
Many call me ugly; even I was starting to agree with them,
Yet HE says I’m beautiful, fearfully and wonderfully made.
They say I’m worthless, hopeless, without a future,
But He says I was worth dying for, destined for Greatness.
Always flapping my wings to stay in the air,
Yet HE says I’m an eagle, born to soar high up in the sky.
Lonely, I live my life with barely any “friends”,
Yet HE says HE’ll always be my Friend, His name is Emmanuel.
Funny how HE says all these about me,
Yet I see myself otherwise.
**With doubt and fear clouding my mind,
I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts.
I couldn’t do it anymore,
Living contrary to who HE says I am, I mean
So I picked up my bible and held it to my chest,
As I consecrated myself to Jesus my First Love.
I had to let go of the old sinful creature I was,
And become the new creature HE says I am.
With a sorrowful heart, I prayed the sinner’s prayer,
And I ended it saying;
“LORD, open my eyes to see me the way you see me.
Help me become who you say I am.
I felt a shiver down my spine, as a sweet calm voice said to me,
“Now that you’re mine I am more than willing to help you”
With tears rolling down my cheeks, HE then said,
“You’ll always have a Father in GOD, Comforter in the HOLY SPIRIT, and a Friend in JESUS”
“And I’ll never leave nor forsake you, “if you don’t””
These last 3 words put a little fear in me,
But then HE said, “Don’t Worry, My Grace is sufficient for you.”
THE END!!! J
           
On our pursuit of happiness, achieving our dreams/ future ambitions, a lot of us have lost track, fallen short of becoming who God wants us to be; becoming men pleasers, instead of God-pleasers just so we can achieve “our own definition of success”. Licking our fellow men’s feet, or kissing their butts, when we should be at God’s feet pleading for mercy, learning from Him, that we may become who He says we are. We often forget who God says we are, while trying to look good in the eyes of the world, living a life without a “godly purpose”. I think it’s high time we changed that, we stopped chasing our short-sighted worldly dreams and started living according to God’s purpose for our lives, becoming who He says we are. He said in Jeremiah 29:11 that He has great plans for us, which will consequently project us into a life of Eternal Glory. What more could you ask for? Huh!?
            Success isn’t defined by wealth, fame, or “worldly” achievements, but by how much of your God-given divine destiny you’ve achieved. Stop living to please men (but respect and honor them), don’t let their negative words or actions bring you down; don’t let them define you. They didn’t create or redeem you. GOD DID!!!
Grace be with y’all. Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAITH

LIVING AT PEACE

Don't Awaken Love